West Point man electrocuted while restoring power
WEST POINT, Neb. -- A northeast Nebraska man is recovering after being electrocuted while restoring power to a town Wednesday.
The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office said a licensed contractor from West Point was in Hickman, trying to resolve a power outage, when his arm touched a transformer and shocking him with 7,200 volts.
The man in his 60s was flown to CHI Health Saint Elizabeth in Lincoln.
Sheriff's officials said the man was burned, but is expected to survive.