Modular house fire in Pilger is total loss
PILGER, Neb. -- Pilger Fire Department responded to a late Monday evening, early Tuesday morning house fire.
Pilger Fire Chief Kory Koehlmoos said that they responded to the fire around 11:40 p.m. and had it under control by 2:30 a.m.
Chief Koehlmoos said that the house was a modular home that had recently been placed on the foundation by house movers.
The moving crew had recently cut off the bolts from the high beams, and finished their job around 9 p.m. Koehlmoos said that the bolts either didn't cool or there were sparks that had been smoldering.
There was no electricity connected to the house at the time of the fire other than what the workers were using to get the house placed on the foundation.
No one was living in the home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries.
Koehlmoos said that the man had planned to bring the modular onto a foundation and turn it into a home, and unfortunately the owner did not have insurance on the home yet.
The house is said to be a total loss.
Pilger Fire said that they went back around 3:30 a.m. to clean up when they found a few hotspots and they were able to completely put out the fire around 3:45 a.m.
Pilger Fire was the only department to respond to the fire, and Koehlmoos said that the six of them were able to handle the house fire themselves.