One person suffers burns in kitchen fire
NORFOLK - One person is recovering from burns suffered in a house fire.
It happened at a home on the one-thousand block of Michigan Avenue in Norfolk around 7 p.m. Monday.
Fire inspector Jerry Thompson said in a news release that a grease fire on a stove in the home ignited. Crews were able to get the fire under control after about five minutes, but not before one person suffered what were called minor burns.
The fire did about $6,000 worth of damage.
Thompson says it serves as a reminder for residents to keep an eye on their stove while cooking.