Nebraska contest narrows down to eight competitors
NEBRASKA -- The “Coolest Thing Made in Nebraska” contest has moved to the final eight competitors.
More than 30,000 votes from across the state came in during the first found of the “Coolest Thing Made in Nebraska” competition that started on Aug. 29.
Public voting for the second round of the top eight products started Tuesday, Sept. 5, and ends 11:59 p.m. Sept. 10. They are competing in a bracket-style competition and each person can vote once per matchup, per round.
The competition is hosted by the NE Manufacturing Alliance and powered by the NE Chamber and Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD).
The following Nebraska manufacturers and their products are among the top eight contenders.
- Chocolate Meltaways, Bakers Candies, Greenwood
- Endicott Invisi-Lug Clay Paver, Endicott Clay Products Company, Endicott
- Fire Truck, Danko Emergency Equipment, Snyder
- Flyover Whiskey, Flyover Whiskey, West Point
- Geothermal Greenhouse, Greenhouse in the Snow-Antioch Machine Shop, Alliance
- Ignis, Drone Amplifed, Lincoln
- Ram Air Turbine (RAT) Hub, Collins Aerospace, York
- Rocket Mobility All-Terrain Tracked Wheelchair, Rocket Mobility, Columbus
The winner will be announced Oct. 10 at the NE Chamber’s Manufacturing Summit in La Vista, where all 16 finalists will also be able to display their products.