One person dies in Wheeler County house fire
BARTLETT, Neb. -- A man has died after a central Nebraska house fire.
The Wheeler County Attorney Joe McNally says the Bartlett Volunteer Fire Department was called to a house fire Thursday night in Bartlett.
When crews arrived, the home was fully engulfed. After extinguishing the flames, a man was found dead in the home.
Authorities say the cause of the fire was accidental as a result of a wood stove catching nearby combustibles on fire.
The man has been identified as 81-year-old Kenneth Lidgett of Bartlett.
The fire was investigated by the Nebraska State Fire Marshal's Office.